VACANCY: Accounting Manager for chain of restaurants in the USA
Join the team of a fast-growing chain of restaurants in the United States.
As an Accounting Manager, you will be reporting directly to the Controller and be in charge of month-end closing, balance sheet reconciliations, cash flow management, tax preparations checking and other general accounting processes of the company.
This is a full time, contractual freelancer position while working at home. We prefer someone with a CPA background and has experience doing executive accounting work for a similar company or industry.
The chosen candidate will be assisting the Controller in the many accounting processes and deliverables. Among your roles, will be:
- Month-end Close Process: Manage month-end close process, prepare journal entries related to accrued royalties, cash receipts and undeposited funds, accounts payable, cash disbursements, payroll, accrued expenses, aggregate customer billings, prepaid amortization, deferred rent, depreciation expenses, etc. Ensure an accurate and timely monthly and year-end close.
- Balance Sheet Accounts Reconciliation: Reconcile all balance sheet account balances and bank accounts on a monthly basis including all accrued revenues, fixed assets, cash, accrued expenses to ensure all accounting transactions are properly and accurately recorded.
- Cash Management: Assist Controller in daily banking requirements and prepare weekly cash forecast reports for cash planning and investment.
- Financial Reporting: Assist in the monthly and annual financial statements preparation and other compliance reports.
- Annual Financial Audit: Assist in annual financial audit process and prepare work papers and audit schedules as assigned
- Internal Control: Assist Controller in assessing financial internal controls including risk assessments and review of risk areas. Assist in documenting Accounting policies and procedures and implementing financial internal controls and best practices
- System Implementation: Assist the controller in the system selection process, implementation, and upgrade; perform data verification and migration as needed.
- Process Improvement: Monitor and analyze Accounting workflows to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Budget and Forecast: Support the department’s budget and forecast activities and assist in monthly budget vs actual analysis
- Other Responsibilities: Support Controller with special projects and maintain capital fixed asset schedules and deferred rent schedules, and perform ad hoc accounting analysis and projects as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS
- At least 5 or more years proven experience as an Accountant in a managerial capacity. CPA preferred but not mandatory
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Advanced Excel knowledge (Index-Match, SUMIFS, Pivot Tables, etc)
- Expert skills and experience in Quickbooks
- Must be able to do daily graveyard shift
- Must be VERY detail oriented and able to handle a large volume of transactions daily
- Must be organized and a self-starter
- Must be able to adapt, take on new responsibilities, and follow detailed processes
- Can work with minimal supervision and can also supervise others
- Pro-active and has initiative
- Has own laptop or computer with decent Internet connection at home
- Full-time job, USA Mondays to Fridays (Los Angeles Time: 1 PM to 10 PM PST)
- Philippine Time (PHT): 4:00 AM to 1:00 PM Tuesdays to Saturdays
- 1 hour break allowed on shift
- Weekends off and US Holidays off, unpaid.
- Work from Home.
- Php 30,000 to 40,000++ (or more) per month depending on experience and skill levels
- Initial contract (evaluation period) is 6 months, subject to renewal if freelancer passes evaluation period
- Although you will be reporting directly to the US team and assigned a direct supervisor, you will also be reporting to and be supervised by Big Ideas Social Media Inc, who is the consultant of the US business. Big Ideas will be the one to provide your compensation and other administrative needs locally.
- Contract is subject to a 6 month “evaluation period” and subject to contract renewal based on performance of the employee.
HOW TO APPLY
- Send your CV and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com
- Include in the subject header “Accountant for US Resto” (Important)
- Good luck!